Technology Partners benefits to all qualified consultants include Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision insurance, 401(k) Plan, Life & Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Referral Bonus, Direct Deposit. Technology Partners is your best resource for identifying and landing fulfilling positions that will meet your personal and professional goals. Continue to check out our hot jobs listed on our website at http://www.technologypartners.net, as well as http://www.twitter.com/tpijobs.
Apply now to:
To expedite your candidacy, be sure to fill out the following field on our application submission page "If applying for a job found online, enter the job #:"
*WE KINDLY ASK THAT YOU DO NOT APPLY TO THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU ARE A FIT FOR THIS SKILL SET. IF YOU ARE NOT A FIT FOR THIS ROLE YOU MAY APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE LISTED ABOVE. THANK YOU!*
- Manage vendor relationships, supplier agreements, and monitor supplier performance throughout the lifecycle.
- Establish priorities for personal and project team tasks.
- Support the implementation of high-level and detailed business requirements.
- Produce Technology Project Management (TPM) artifacts.
- Produce process deliverables and artifacts following established department standards.
- Determine the project approach using approved methodologies.
- Assess project risks and determine mitigation strategies.
- Maintain all project documentation in accordance with department procedures.
- Enforce our department configuration management processes and change management procedures.
- Schedule and facilitate project meetings, providing agendas and meeting minutes on a timely basis.
- Provide weekly status updates to management.
- Provide monthly project summaries for oversight committee meetings including earned value information.
- Facilitate the development of work break down structures and subsequent schedules.
- Utilize MS Project to develop and maintain detailed project schedules and estimates
- Maintain estimating data models using an industry standard estimating tool.
- Provide mentoring on project methodologies, best practices, and tools.
- Assist in maintaining project portfolio information
- Design and implement improved project management processes and procedures.
- Propose enhancements to other areas to improve procedures or communication.
- Maintain knowledge of new project methodologies and tools, as well as maintaining an understanding of current and new technologies
- Keep abreast of District and System technology direction.
- Enforce compliance with department and standards.
- Ensure contingency planning and backup procedures are defined and implemented.
- Define team training needs
- Communicate effectively with clients and all levels of management, peers, and organizations within the System.
- Provide and deliver presentations to clients and management, as required.
- Participates in project quality reviews and proposes process or team enhancements.
- Analyze project issues, lead the project team to determine alternative solutions and provide recommendations for resolution or escalate, as necessary.
- Maintain awareness of other District projects to determine any integration or impact of inter-related projects.
- Monitor team member performance and perform periodic evaluations.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- All Microsoft Office Tools are used on a daily basis.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) Required
- MS Project Professional and Project Server 2007 or 2010
- Understand concepts of Earned Value Management Systems.
- Price True Planning estimating tool is a plus.
- Experience integrating commercial off the shelf (COTS) packages.
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools like Rational Team Concert.
- Understand the use and purpose of user authentication and accreditation software, relational and multidimensional databases, data transfer tools like MQSeries, ConectDirect and Valicert, and incident management tools like Remedy.
- Experience leading a team of 8 - 10 technical people in a large scale system development/integration project
- Solid experience managing a web based software development project following a formal PMBOK based project management methodology
-US Citizenship is required.